Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Happily crocheting again...

Again I've been M.I.A. for a bit, sorry about that. Now that we're done moving and a bit more settled into our new place I'm slowly but surely getting back into the swing of crafting.

Seems like I've come back to my love for crocheting again. I tend to go back and forth between projects. For some reason I often feel the need for a new project, even a new craft all together. My desire for variety typically tempts me to begin something new before even finishing what I've already started! But I'm trying, I'm TRYING to be more disciplined!

So, here's my latest crocheted creation...while looking through some fabric to use for the inside of my little black crocheted change purse, I was inspired by some paisley print. Once I cut out a yellow paisley felt piece and placed it on the purse I thought, "with some eyes and a little smile, this could be a little paisley baby whale!" So, change of plans, now we have a baby whale change purse :)




In other news, I went to Joanne's today to pick up some yarn for a baby blanket that I'm working on for a friend. I found this book called Super Stitches Crochet: Essential techniques plus a dictionary of more than 180 stitch patterns by Jennifer Campbell and Ann-Marie Bakewell ( <---I wonder if she does? ) and I think it's a beautiful book! And helpful of course, but really, I love the patterns they've included in here. It's nice because not only do they include the written pattern for the stitches, they also include a diagram, in case you like those better! It's great to have both patterns AND a nice little picture next to them!
It literally looks like their yarn swatch is laying right on your book, doesn't it? But really, it's just a photograph! Ok, so the ONLY thing I don't like about this book so far would be some of the stitch titles. Most of the basics are labeled (ex: double crochet, back post single crochet, knot stitch, etc) but then when you get to the other ones, sections labeled Solid, Open, Trellis Patterns etc, the patterns are simply numbered like "Solid 2" or "Open 5". That was a bit disappointing for me because I like creative names. BUT anyways, really the rest of the book is great!

0 comments: