Thursday, August 7, 2008

Breakfast of a Crafter


This morning I decided to make something, other than cereal, for breakfast. I remembered that my mother-in-law gave me a granola recipe, so I took it out, made a few small adjustments, and now it's something I have retitled "Vanilla Almond Granola" and I am quite pleased :)

Vanilla Almond Granola
Makes about 3 cups

2 c. quick oats
1/4 c. brown sugar
1 c. sliced almonds
1/4 c. vegetable oil
1/4 c. honey
1-2 T vanilla

1) Heat oats in an ungreased pan in preheated 350 F oven for 10 minutes. Mix in dry ingredient. Then mix in remaining ingredients until well coated.
2) Bake for another 20-25 minutes, stirring often to brown evenly.
3) Cool. Stir till crumbly, store in tightly covered container in refrigerator. Serve with milk or yogurt.


Spoon a little of this over some yogurt and strawberries, and mmm, mmm....what a tasty breakfast! (Personalize the recipe with your favorite fruits and nuts, of course :)


After you've had your fill, store the rest of the granola in the fridge. I like to re-use spaghetti sauce jars (just MAKE SURE you've washed them well! You don't want tomato-flavored granola!)

0 comments: