Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The Traveling Tote

I apologize for my absence lately. This summer has just flown by!! I suppose I should do my best to bring you up to date on my crafting lately...

The first project I'll show you is a custom tote I made for friend. I was SO excited to make this bag for her! She's going to be teaching little kids in the Bahamas for a year and needed a teacher bag for all her books and projects, so after picking out fabric and sketching out the design, this is what we came up with!

It's actually a pretty large tote, though at the same time it didn't turn out ridiculously large, so that's good! :) It has plenty of room for books and teacher supplies, very sturdy and durable. She can even use it as a beach bag, lots of room for towels and sunscreen!

This is the backside view, though honestly, I think this could be used as the front side too! Can you tell that it has a huge exterior pocket? I thought that would be a nice addition for any random papers, projects, etc.



The interior fabric she picked is just great! Perfect for the Bahamas!

And a little removable reinforcement for the bottom.


Her tote zips closed, stands about 14" tall and has 6 interior pockets.
It was so fun to see her excitement once it was finished!




And once again, I wanted to keep this one after it was finished! But I'm more excited that she gets to use it in the Bahamas! Maybe she will bring me some business from her Bahamian friends! ;)

0 comments: